Friday 10 January 2014

A visit to the Cottonpatch shop is planned for today

Off to Birmingham today to visit my daughter and her family. Jacob is nearly three and Isobel is one in February.
While I am there I am going to Cottonpatch in Hall Green to pick up the fabric I ordered for the
Classic Meets Modern QAL run by Sew at Home Mummy I was lucky enough to get gift vouchers for Cottonpatch in my Christmas stocking so that covers a lot of the cost.

 I've decided to make blocks mainly with solids. I have been using Design-Seeds for palettes recently when I need some colour inspiration. I came up with a sea urchin inspired palette of soft greys, bluey-greens and artichoke hues with Kona snow for background and a scribble print of white on soft great for the backing. I've also added a slate colour. I'll post the fabric selection on Friday before I start the first block.


I'm not sure how to put the "modern" twist on the blocks. I might buys fat quarter of a modern print or do some fussy cutting. I'm not quite sure what makes a quilt modern. Any ideas? I would love any comments or help.


Happy quilting!

Catherine

PS. Just want to say thank you to the Help Desk at Blogger who sorted out the code for the Bloglovin button. It wasn't me at all. There was something wrong with the widgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one I get and try to get back to you as soon as I can.