I joined six other newbies last night on a beginners crochet course at Calon Yarns Craft Studios in Cardiff. The course is run by the owner, Lynne, who possibly has the best craft teaching technique I have come across. The shop is light, bright and comfy, with coffee and tea offered and the most wonderful selection of wools and crafty paraphernalia.
It turned out we had a wide variety of skills between us. After introductions, Lynne began with the basics of forming the foundation chain and over the course of two hours we attempted double crochet, half treble, treble and double treble stitches. For most of the time silence reigned as we concentrated on mastering the techniques. I soon found a comfortable way of holding the wool and keeping the tension right (once I had frogged my first tight chain!). I'm looking forward to the rest of the course immensely.
I thought that at this point I should look at the various projects on the go at the moment.
|My first attempt at different crochet stitches|
- Hand quilting and binding my Sampler Quilt- ongoing
- Classic meets Modern QAL.- fabrics ordered and the first Bears Paw block planned for the weekend
- Key to My Heart quilt using a jellyroll of Road 15 by Sweetwater for Moda
- Beginners machine patchwork course starting next week.
- Practising my crochet and possibly attempting a simple corsage this week
- Finishing 2 cardigans for my 10 month old granddaughter Isobel
My Ravelry name is CathP53
I'm still trying to figure out how to place buttons on the blog but I will not let it beat me!
Have a great day!